The US Green Building Council, Massachusetts Chapter is the pre-eminent organization driving sustainable and regenerative design, construction, and operation of the built environment. Our mission is for everyone to have green buildings to work, live, play, and study in, within a generation. This is a lot of work!
Do you want to help make every building in the world (at least in Mass.) a green building? Would you like to participate on the inside of the movement with us at the USGBC MA Chapter?
As an intern for USGBC MA, you will be doing a variety of tasks, from supporting day to day work, small research projects, and media design tasks. Internships with USGBC MA are fairly general, and projects are chosen based on interest. You will be able to put the final products in your portfolio to show others your skills and your expanding knowledge base related to the green building industry. We will also help you build connections across the state among green building professionals.
Start Date: May – August
Full-time: 10 weeks, 400 Hours
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiar with green building techniques
- Comfortable communicating basic sustainability issues
- Able to work effectively with not-every-day supervision
- Able to work with telecommuting colleagues
- Passionate about expanding the green building industry
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of green building science, including LEED, sustainable architecture, and building science
- Microsoft office
Do you have references that can attest to your good working habits? Can you share a story of how you were proactive in an organization? We will prefer folks who have been involved in the Chapter previously and/or otherwise can show some connection to the green building industry.
The Intern will report to and meet at least once per week with the Executive Director for updates and planning. Interns are expected to work from the USGBC MA Chapter office in downtown Boston.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample and show us how you connect with our mission. No phone calls, please email; please include the term “Internship Application” in the subject line. Contact: [email protected]