Programs Manager: James Quivey, Silva Brothers Construction
Secretary: Peter Sun, City of Boston
Please view our events calendar to see upcoming committee meetings.
We want more green homes & green communities!
The Residential Green Building Committee works to raise the awareness of the benefits of residential green building and remodeling and to improve residential building stock. The committee, through education and outreach, focuses on the following:
- Holding education sessions on topics such as Zero Net Energy, Deep Energy Retrofits and REGREEN, as well as various other sustainable improvements to residential applications.
- Helping the community understand and implement LEED for Homes and residential green building, remodeling and retrofits
- Ensuring that our target markets are aware of available green building tools and resources
- Partnering with other Green Building Programs
- Establishing a collaborative relationship with professional and/or community organizations
- Developing case studies and green residential building content for the USGBC MA website
Green Home Information
Information on Neighborhood Development & EcoDistricts