There are a lot of ways to be involved in the USGBC in Massachusetts. The green building movement is broad, with many in which to engage. We encourage participation in our work through committees. There are three basic varieties of the committees:
- Interest – when a group of people are interested in focusing on a particular green building area, we encourage them to form a committee to harness the energy and promote that aspect of the industry – and it only takes one person to start such a group!
- Function – we have specific functions as an organization that need volunteer help – like advocacy and fundraising.
- Geography – there are clusters of USGBC activity throughout the state.
The Chapter is a mission-driven organization and members and volunteers help us realize our goals and achieve impact throughout Massachusetts. There are many different committees or interest groups to become involved with.
Check out our active committees
* Emerging Professionals – for anyone new to the green building industry.
* Residential Green Building – wherever people live.
* Advocacy – promoting the green building agenda at the state and local level.
If you are looking for a leadership opportunity within the Chapter or just excited to network, learn and engage with fellow green building professionals, our committees are the place to start. Click through the committee names to read about our groups and feel free to contact the Committee Chairs listed on the individual pages to learn more and to sign up for their email lists. If you’re not sure where you would best fit, feel free to email us at [email protected] and we’ll help you figure out the best place for you to participate. Thank you!