- This event has passed.
Tour a Zero Net-Energy Low Carbon House
May 29, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Houses are not being built like they used to be. New houses have the capability of having no electric bills, but at the same time being all electric (i.e. use no fossil fuels). Sounds impossible, but it isn’t when using new building products and technologies that improve energy efficiency and that generate their own clean solar power. Join ReVision Energy and USGBC MA for a tour of a coastal net-zero energy home in Rockport MA.
- See how a 52 solar panels (16.64kW) solar system was incorporated into the design of a new 3300 square foot house.
- Learn what “net-metering” and “grid-tied” and various other terms/components of a solar system mean or look like.
- Learn how all-electric, air-source heat pumps can efficiently both heat and cool your house. What do these systems look like? Are they quiet? Do they really work? What are the design options/limitations?
- How are houses being insulated to increase energy efficiency?
- How are energy loads being reduced from lighting and appliances?
- What is an ERV system and how does it improve indoor air quality?
- Meet the homeowner and various members of the building team that designed, built or provided building products for the house.
At this event, dinner will be served and is included in the ticket price. Once you register for the event, we will send you the address, as the homeowner has requested to keep the location private.
This event is sponsored by ReVision Energy. To learn more about them, visit their website.