- This event has passed.
Presinar – Vegetated Green Roofs for LEED Projects
March 20 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
This course begins with the basic definition of a vegetated green roof and moves on to a discussion of green roofing policies in various jurisdictions, focusing on American cities. We will talk about the LEED credits related to vegetated green roofs. We will examine the details of green roof design and construction, including case studies, custom and standard sections and spatial design issues. Finally, we will talk about the advantages and disadvantages of vegetated green roofs and about the types of sites for which they are best suited.
- Contrast the environmental and life cycle analysis benefits and drawbacks of vegetated green roofs with those of other roofing strategies. (LEED v4 BD+C Sustainable Sites Credit: Heat Island Reduction and Sustainable Sites Credit: Open Space)
- Describe the layers of a vegetated green roof system and explain their functions. (LEED v4 BD+C Sustainable Sites Credit: Heat Island Reduction and Sustainable Sites Credit: Open Space)
- Analyze strategies for dealing with green roof drainage, access and site issues. (LEED v3 O+M Sustainable Sites Credit: Site Development – Protect or Restore Open Habitat)
- Identify synergies and tradeoffs to existing credits and green building strategies. (LEED v3 ID+C Sustainable Sites Credit: Heat island Effect – Roof and LEED v4 ND Green Infrastructure and Buildings Credit Rainwater Management)
Credits: 1 AIA 1 GBCI (LEED Specific BD+C, ID+C, GA, O+M, ND)
About USGBC MA’s Presinar series
USGBC MA sources material from USGBC for a series of in-person video presentations. The content grants attendees CEU credits, and can be purchased for personal viewing here: https://www.usgbc.org/education-listing/
USGBC MA does not have a hand in producing any of the content. Attendees of the course must apply themselves to receive CEU credits through their USGBC account. A printed certificate will be included to prove attendance.
About USGBC MA
The USGBC Massachusetts Chapter is a membership-based community advocating for green buildings at the state and local level. The USGBC MA Chapter provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
About Chapter Membership
Our members support our close-knit community of passionate practitioners. Join us in transforming the built environment to sustainable design practices.
Benefits for all membership types are the same with a few acceptions, and we offer a variety of discounts to be as inclusive as possible. Please note membership with USGBC National is NOT membership with USGBC MA. Not sure if you are a member of USGBC MA? Check here.
- 15% discount on USGBC MA events**
- *Does not include a few partnered events
- *Certain memberships have larger discounts
- Free access to roundtables and our annual general meeting
- Ability to nominate board members and vote in board elections.