- This event has passed.
Presinar – Keep Sustainability in Your SITES: An Overview of the SITES v2 Rating System
June 19 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
The Sustainable SITES Initiative seeks to develop sustainable landscapes through a comprehensive set of guidelines modeled after healthy ecosystems and processes. These standards focus on land selection and development, water use, vegetation planting, soil restoration, green maintenance techniques, user engagement, and others. SITES provides a holistic approach to developing landscapes that create more resilient communities. These landscapes are also better able to respond to weather events such as floods or droughts by focusing on their ability to deliver ecosystem services. In this course, attendees will receive a comprehensive overview of the SITES v2 Rating System including an exploration of the framework structure, core concepts, recommended implementation strategies, and project examples. Attendees will also learn how this framework fosters resiliency through landscapes that provide multiple ecosystem services.
- Describe the ecological benefits gained when a project meets the prerequisite, Limit development on farmland of Section 1: Site Context of the Sustainable SITES Initiative v2 Rating System.
- Discuss how user and stakeholder engagement can impact a project’s design in the credit, Engage users and stakeholders of Section 2: Pre-design Assessment + Planning of the Sustainable SITES Initiative v2 Rating System.
- Relate the strategies used to implement the credit, Conserve and use native plants of Section 4: Site Design – Soil + Vegetation of the Sustainable SITES Initiative v2 Rating System to the guiding principle “do no harm.”
- Explore the unique qualities of the Sustainable SITES Initiative and its synergies with the LEEDv4 rating system and similar frameworks.
Credits: 1 AIA 1 GBCI (LEED Specific O+M, GA)
About USGBC MA’s Presinar series
USGBC MA sources material from USGBC for a series of in-person video presentations. The content grants attendees CEU credits, and can be purchased for personal viewing here: https://www.usgbc.org/education-listing/
USGBC MA does not have a hand in producing any of the content. Attendees of the course must apply themselves to receive CEU credits through their USGBC account. A printed certificate will be included to prove attendance.
About USGBC MA
The USGBC Massachusetts Chapter is a membership-based community advocating for green buildings at the state and local level. The USGBC MA Chapter provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
About Chapter Membership
Our members support our close-knit community of passionate practitioners. Join us in transforming the built environment to sustainable design practices.
Benefits for all membership types are the same with a few acceptions, and we offer a variety of discounts to be as inclusive as possible. Please note membership with USGBC National is NOT membership with USGBC MA. Not sure if you are a member of USGBC MA? Check here.
- 15% discount on USGBC MA events**
- *Does not include a few partnered events
- *Certain memberships have larger discounts
- Free access to roundtables and our annual general meeting
- Ability to nominate board members and vote in board elections.