Presinar – Green Lights: A Lighting Manufacturer’s Road Map to LEED v4
February 20 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm$15.00
Lighting enables visual engagement with our built environment, with innovative manufacturers raising the performance bar ever higher. Join us in this half hour course to evaluate how lighting products contribute to LEED v4 certification. We will review LEED v4 credits as they relate to lighting products, and identify steps that can be taken by the manufacturer to increase their products’ contributions to this rating system.
- Identify the inherent sustainability and human health benefits of lighting and lighting products
- Assess how lighting products support achievement of LEED v4 credits, such as Sustainable Sites credit Light Pollution Reduction for LEED BD+C
- List the LEED credits, including Energy and Atmosphere credit Optimize Energy Performance for LEED BD+C and ID+C related to lighting products for new and existing buildings and interiors
- Determine what information is required to document individual LEED credits, such as Materials and Resources credit Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Material Ingredients for LEED BD+C
Credits: 0.5 AIA 0.5 GBCI (LEED Specific BD+C, GA, ID+C)
About USGBC MA’s Presinar series
USGBC MA sources material from USGBC for a series of in-person video presentations. The content grants attendees CEU credits, and can be purchased for personal viewing here: https://www.usgbc.org/education-listing/
USGBC MA does not have a hand in producing any of the content. Attendees of the course must apply themselves to receive CEU credits through their USGBC account. A printed certificate will be included to prove attendance.
About USGBC MA
The USGBC Massachusetts Chapter is a membership-based community advocating for green buildings at the state and local level. The USGBC MA Chapter provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
About Chapter Membership
Our members support our close-knit community of passionate practitioners. Join us in transforming the built environment to sustainable design practices.
Benefits for all membership types are the same with a few acceptions, and we offer a variety of discounts to be as inclusive as possible. Please note membership with USGBC National is NOT membership with USGBC MA. Not sure if you are a member of USGBC MA? Check here.
- 15% discount on USGBC MA events**
- *Does not include a few partnered events
- *Certain memberships have larger discounts
- Free access to roundtables and our annual general meeting
- Ability to nominate board members and vote in board elections.