- This event has passed.
Presinar – Comparing the Environmental Performance of Building Products – Shining Light on EPDs
April 17 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Over the past few years, demand for tools like Environmental Product Declarations has been growing among the green building industry. Primarily intended for a specialized audience, life cycle assessments and their results displayed in standardized documents named EPDs are out in the open for everyone to see. However, EPDs are not mere documentation and are very technical. Green Building Programs, such as LEED, requiring EPDs for credit achievement have forced unspecialized professionals to understand it. This course is intended to give you the tools you need to get your head around EPDs and be able to compare them if needed.
- Understand what is an EPD for the purpose of LEED® v4 MR Credit Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations
- Interpret and analyze EPD data to be able to decipher EPD requirements for Option 1 and Option 2 of the LEED v4 Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations Credit
- Compare EPDs to be able to achieve Option 2 of the LEED v4 Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations Credit
- Evaluate pros and cons of EPDs, one of the new key feature of the LEED v4 Material and Resources Credit
Credits: 1 AIA 1 GBCI (LEED Specific BD+C, ID+C, GA)
About USGBC MA’s Presinar series
USGBC MA sources material from USGBC for a series of in-person video presentations. The content grants attendees CEU credits, and can be purchased for personal viewing here: https://www.usgbc.org/education-listing/
USGBC MA does not have a hand in producing any of the content. Attendees of the course must apply themselves to receive CEU credits through their USGBC account. A printed certificate will be included to prove attendance.
About USGBC MA
The USGBC Massachusetts Chapter is a membership-based community advocating for green buildings at the state and local level. The USGBC MA Chapter provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
About Chapter Membership
Our members support our close-knit community of passionate practitioners. Join us in transforming the built environment to sustainable design practices.
Benefits for all membership types are the same with a few acceptions, and we offer a variety of discounts to be as inclusive as possible. Please note membership with USGBC National is NOT membership with USGBC MA. Not sure if you are a member of USGBC MA? Check here.
- 15% discount on USGBC MA events**
- *Does not include a few partnered events
- *Certain memberships have larger discounts
- Free access to roundtables and our annual general meeting
- Ability to nominate board members and vote in board elections.