- This event has passed.
High-Performance Building Assemblies Course
July 18, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Why high-performance assemblies? And why now? Today we demand better thermal performance from our building assemblies than ever. But energy is linked at the hip to moisture management. Designers and builders must make the connection between energy and moisture in every aspect of building envelope performance as well as the connection between the enclosure and mechanical systems. Poorly designed, specified, or constructed building assemblies can burden building owners with moisture and mold problems… façades falling to pieces… and drafty interiors that send tenants packing — sometimes, even suing.
Earn 6 LU/HSW AIA credits through this course.
This course will cover:
- High Performance Building Assemblies – An introduction and an approach
- HPBA Control Layers – It’s in the details
- High Performance Glazing – Making it less opaque
- Thermal Comfort – Connecting physics, people, and performance
AIA Learning Objectives:
As part and result of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Explain and analyze how both energy and moisture move on, off, and through building envelopes
- Apply the principles of control layer continuity in both the design and the specification of building assemblies.
- Integrate high-performance glazing into building performance in both design and specification of windows and glazing
- Apply the principles of thermal comfort in the design and specification of high-performance building assemblies.