The Greenbuild Conference and Expo is only 100 days away! The world's largest expo and conference on green building is coming to Boston this November 8-10th in the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC).
USGBC MA has been working alongside many dedicated volunteers to help make Greenbuild 2017 the biggest and best one yet.
Here's what's new with the Greenbuild Committees:
- The Green Building Tech Program at Madison Park Vocational High School will begin in September for the Legacy Project. The USGBC MA will be introducing students to the green industry and the various career paths that exist.
- The Greening Greenbuild Committee is working with local hotels to adopt green initiatives and is preparing a campaign on educating this year's Greenbuild attendants on recycling and waste diversion. Did you know that paper towels can't be recycled?
- As the new school year begins, the Volunteers Committee continues to recruit and coordinate student volunteers and emerging professionals to participate in Greenbuild. If you're a student or professional under 25 and have an interest in sustainability, volunteer at Greenbuild and receive a full 3-day pass!
- The Cultivation Event and Luncheon, supported by the Ambassador Committee, brought sustainable leaders together. Speakers included Mahesh Ramanujam (USGBC President and CEO), Bryan Koop (Executive Vice President of Boston Properties), Austin Blackmon (Chief of Environment of Energy & Open Space for the City of Boston), and Judy Nitsch (Founding Principal at Nitsch Engineering).
- This year in Boston, Greenbuild Tours includes 30 tours and over 70 sites in Massachusetts scheduled over three days. Registration is now open!
- Local Partners and Regional Outreach Committee is working with 12 partner organizations to provide a conference and expo that reflects regional needs and aspirations